European Union Marine Partnership Programme (PEUMP) - Project Coordinator Submitted by viola.levy | 13 / Aug / 2018
The Forum Fisheries Agency (FFA) is now inviting applications from qualified candidates to join our team in Honiara, Solomon Islands to work on the Pacific Union Marine Partnership Programmes (PEUMP).
What we are looking for:
A full-time Project Coordinator. Reporting to the Director Fisheries Development, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing a high level of financial and administrative support to the project, including contract management and reporting, and ensuring that the project is managed and documented to ensure zero ineligible expenditure.
Some of the key responsibilitiess that the successful candidate will be responsible will include (but not limited to):
- Preparing contracts, variations and related documentation for consultants;
- Verifying the systematic documentation of all procurement and purchases, from indentification of the need through to final delivery and acceptance of goods and outputs;
- Ensuring project disbursements are effected promptly and monitoring that project expenditure/implementaion is meeting targets;
- Preparing with the Team Leader (TL) the project annual report for the Project Management Unit (PMU) and international donors, including the requests for payment that this triggers;
- Working with the Team Leader and the project staff to prepare the Annual Work Programm and Budget for the PMU and donor approval.
To be successful in this role:
You will need to hold a tertiary degree om Business Studies, Commerce, Accounting or equivalent, with at least 10 years in an executive support role (in Government or an international organisation) and some experience of the procedures and reporting requirements of at least one of the major donors active in the Pacific Islands.
While the postion does not have any direct staff reporting to her/him, the successful candidate will need to be confident in exerciseing authority over all project staff and beneficiaries of project funding in order to ensure that the correct financial procedures are adhered to and that project funds are acquitted in a timely manner.
To learn more about this position, interested candidates can access more information and download the Job Description and also submit their applications online through this link: http://piffa.applynow.net.au/jobs/102311